The content on the website is obtained and developed from a variety of sources including, but not limited to, collaborations with third parties and information provided by third parties under a licence. Inclusions of content on this website are not an endorsement of any organisation, product or service and any use of such content by another person is at the user’s own risk.
To the extent permitted by law, the State of Victoria (Department of Education and Training) and its employees, agents and consultants exclude all liability for any loss or damage (including indirect, special or consequential loss or damage) arising from the use of, or reliance on, the Information whether or not caused by any negligent act or omission. If any law prohibits the exclusion of such liability, the Department limits its liability to the extent permitted by law, to the resupply of the Information.
Readers should rely on their own enquiries in making decisions touching their own or any other person's interest.
Disclaimer - Downloadable Documents
The Department makes available to you the provision to download particular documents, on the conditions set out below. If you do not agree with these conditions, then you should not download the material.
These are the conditions on which the Department permits users to access and use the website and you agree to be bound by these conditions by:
- using, browsing or accessing any part of the website;
- by registering your details with the website; or
- by becoming a member of the website.
- The information is provided on the basis that upon downloading you will conduct such virus scanning and other checks as may be necessary to ensure that the downloaded material will not corrupt in any way your data, software or systems or those of any other person.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Department will not be under any liability to you for any loss or damage including consequential loss or damage however caused, whether by negligence or otherwise, that arises in any way from the use of the downloaded material.
- If you provide the downloaded material to another party, then you should bring to the attention of that other party these conditions and only provide the downloaded material on the same conditions as those on which the original downloaded material was provided to you by the Department via http://www.education.vic.gov.au
Discussion Groups & Chat
This site includes among its services discussion forums and comment areas in which users are invited to submit comments. In some cases, personal identifier information such as name or email address is requested or required. This information is posted for public access along with the submitted comments and messages which it accompanies. The State of Victoria (Department of Education and Training) endeavours to prevent improper use of the discussion forums and chat areas but the Department will not be under any liability for any consequential damage however caused. The State of Victoria (Department of Education and Training) may terminate the Users access to the Department's website immediately if the User breaches any provision of this notice.
Use of information
Any information, ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques provided by, or obtained from, you or your use of the Department's website shall be deemed to be non-confidential and the Department shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others without limitation.
This web-site (excluding any linked third party sites) is controlled by the State of Victoria (Department of Education and Training) from its offices at 2 Treasury Place, East Melbourne, VIC 3001. By accessing this site, you accept that any disputes about this website or its contents are to be determined by the courts having jurisdiction in Victoria in accordance with the laws in force in Victoria (except any principle of conflict of laws inconsistent with this requirement).
This website may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. The State of Victoria (Department of Education and Training) makes no representation that the content of this website complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access this site from outside Australia, you do so on your own responsibility and are responsible for ensuring compliance with all laws in the place where you are located.