This is an opportunity for a local student to work within a well established local cafe. The placement will initially be offered for 1 day per week over a 4 week period with the opportunity to extend or convert to a school based apprenticeship for the right student. The student will gain exposure to all aspects of the business and work alongside the owner.
Skills You Might Learn
Food preparation. Communication. OH&S. Food storage and hygiene. Service. Transferrable general employability skills.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will gain exposure to a vast range of duties working both the front and back of house. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Kitchen duties
- Food Preparation and plating
- Front of house, meeting and servicing customers
- General cleaning and stocktake duties
Students should have an interest in the hospitality sector and a willingness to learn. Students must be punctual and have good communication skills
Students must wear non slip shoes
Special Transport Requirements
No special transport requirements.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIT20213 - Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT20312 - Certificate II in Hospitality (Kitchen Operations)
- SIT30713 - Certificate III in Hospitality