Mary-Anne Thomas MP - Member for Macedon
Looking for your start in politics?
This is a fantastic placement opportunity for a student interested in politics that will give them exposure to a variety of communications and marketing activities. Working within the communications team in the electoral office of Mary-Anne Thomas MP, you will work under the direction and guidance of the Communications Officer. The successful student will have the opportunity to work on media releases and social marketing material as well as the chance to undertake research assignments on policy areas that help shape advocacy for the Macedon Ranges region.
Skills You Might Learn
Students will gain experience in communications and marketing through a variety of media. They will learn the process for research assignments and projects and will develop confidence in dealing professionally with colleagues and working as part of a team.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Under the supervision of the Communications Officer, overseen by the Office Manager, you will have the opportunity to undertake the following duties:
- draft media releases
- develop social media content
- creation of promotional artwork
- research assignments
- compile information on behalf of the electoral office
- gain an insight into politics from Mary-Anne Thomas MP
- undertake general office administration
Students should have an interest in politics and/or marketing
Good literacy and communication skills
Knowledge of government and politics (this might be through personal interest or studies at school)
Basic Microsoft office skills and be savvy on social media
Students will be required to be well groomed and wear business attire.
Special Transport Requirements
No specific travel requirements.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- BSB20112 - Certificate II in Business
- BSB20115 - Certificate II in Business
- BSB30112 - Certificate III in Business
- BSB30115 - Certificate III in Business
- BSB30412 - Certificate III in Business Administration