Wimmera Southern Mallee LLEN
Jumpstart is a program that provides extra curricular activities to Primary aged children over their lunch break. This placement will be a part of the Garden Club activities, assisting students to grow and maintain a vegetable patch and bush tucker garden. Moving into Winter, the placement will involve playing board games with students over their lunch break.
Skills You Might Learn
- Interaction with a wide range of age groups
- Preparation of activities
- Confidence and maturity
Typical Tasks & Duties
Duties will include
- Small group interaction
- Assisting students in garden activities
- Assisting staff in student tasks and activities
- Connecting with different age groups
- Mentoring students
- Preparing activities
This position would suit any student, but would particularly suit a Community Services student who only wants to do only short hours of placement each week with young children.
- Must be willing to interact with students
- Be well mannered
- Speak appropriately
Dress requirements during placements are neat, tidy, suitable and safe for the particular work environment. Discreet jewellery, long hair tied back, comfortable closed toe shoes, dress suited to working with children.
Special Transport Requirements
Wimmera Southern Mallee LLEN staff can provide transport to and from the Primary School.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- CHC20112 - Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC22015 - Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC30112 - Certificate III in Community Services Work
- CHC32015 - Certificate III in Community Services Work
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies