Exercise instructor / personal trainer
Curves is the largest network of fitness centres for women in the world. They are famous for their 30-minute Circuit that works every major muscle group with strength training, cardio and stretching. The Curves Coach is an integral part of the service, they are always on hand to help members with correct form, answer questions and offer encouragement. Please note: This is a **Female Only Opportunity**
Skills You Might Learn
Develop a more in depth understanding of the fitness industry and the inner running's to a successful gym.
Students may improve their customer service and sales skills, knowledge of personal training plans,organisational and time management skills. Students will also develop a deeper understanding of the fitness industry as well as health and safety processes. Students will also gain an understanding of the circulatory and limbic system, science of movement and muscle groups.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Some of the tasks and duties will include:
- Help with activities vital to running a gym efficiently, such as equipment maintenance, cleaning apparatus, checking people are using equipment in a safe manner
- Assisting members on the circuit
- Celebrate and encourage member
- Attend career events to promote Curves
- Answering and making calls to members and potential clients
- Filing/general admin work
- Database management
- Social Media
Student must be studying Fitness or a related course. Must be prepared to complete administrative duties as well as circuit work. The student should also have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Black tracksuit pants or leggings. A curves t-shirt will be provided for student.
Special Transport Requirements
Public transport is accessible. Please refer to /www.ptv.vic.gov.au to plan your journey.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIS20115 - Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- SIS30115 - Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
- SIS30313 - Certificate III in Fitness
- SIS30713 - Certificate III in Sport Coaching