Child care worker
On 21 March 2016, Kool Kidz Mill Park opened its doors with a vision to provide high quality education and care for children within the local community.
The Owner and Approved Provider Nicole, is a local resident and also has 4 children of her own, so she knows how parents feel and what they expect of an early childhood education and care service.
With 7 aged specific educational spaces and 4 age appropriate outdoor yards, Kool Kidz Mill Park has a primary focus on exceptional care and education for all children. The service only hires permanent educators and has a full time receptionist and cook along with a part-time kitchenhand and an educational leader.
Come and experience the Kool Kidz difference.
Our brand new child care centre is located at 49 Oleander Drive in a purpose built facility with outdoor play spaces specifically designed with children’s development needs in mind. We are 600 metres from Westfield Plenty Valley shopping centre and 800 metres from the South Morang train station. A location that is ideal for families within the Whittlesea community looking for quality child care.
Skills You Might Learn
Skills you might learn:
- How to work within a team
- How to engage positively with children
- Documentation skills
- Communication skills
- Understand daily care routines of children
- Work in accordance with food safety regulations
- Adherence to policies, procedures and regulations
Typical Tasks & Duties
Typical tasks and duties:
- Engaging with children’s play
- Teaching children developmentally appropriate activities
- Serving meals including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Nappy change procedure
- Undertaking observations of children as required
- Working as part of a team to complete daily goals
- Communication with families as needed
- Working with children check
- Child Protection Training certificate
- Neat casual/professional (no open toed shoes, singlets, ripped jeans or tracksuit pants).
Special Transport Requirements
Public transport is accessible.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- CHC20112 - Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC30113 - Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care