Exercise instructor / personal trainer
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Sports and Recreation student looking for placement during term 4. Club Mandalay offers a wealth of leisure facilities and provides a natural meeting point for friends, family and neighbours. Fitness routines will never get boring at the Club’s fully equipped gym or out on the tennis courts. Club Mandalay is about making more time for the little things, swim, play, socialise and relax in this exclusive resort style getaway. The Club Mandalay Gymnasium provides access to a variety of stretching, cardio and strength training equipment.
Skills You Might Learn
Students will have the opportunity to:
- improve their teamwork and communication skills
- will learn the cleaning process within the business
- learn the general admin requirements
Typical Tasks & Duties
Some of the tasks and duties include:
- Fitness (gym, personal training and group fitness, etc. An opportunity to experience writing a fitness program, and looking after equipment.) assist with room set up and pack down, maintain a clean and safe work environment).
- Reception/administrative duties.
They must have a positive attitude to every customer and their individual physical needs and have an understanding that all levels of ability are to be catered for within the gym. The student must present and speak well and always communicate in a happy helpful manner with the customers at the gym.
Tidy appropriate sports gear and footwear should be worn on placement
Special Transport Requirements
Please refer to www.ptv.vic.gov.au/journey to plan your journey
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIS20115 - Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- SIS30115 - Certificate III in Sport and Recreation