Exercise instructor / personal trainer
Hazel Glen College (HGC FIT)
HGC FIT is a community focused health and fitness facility based out of Hazel Glen College.
Before and after school, HGC FIT services staff, parents, students and the broader community with group fitness, personal training and general gym use.
During school hours, HGC FIT is utilised by various programs run by the college, with HGC FIT staff assisting Hazel Glen College staff to run their programs.
Successful applicants will be working closely with our experienced HGC FIT trainers who take great pride in their work, and throughout your placement you will gain experience with plenty hands on opportunities.
Skills You Might Learn
WORKPLACE SPECIFIC SKILLS
Tasks involve learning all aspects of the business and could include:
- Developing passion for what you are doing
- Developing industry knowledge of fitness and nutrition and the ability to give safe and successful information to people using the program
- Developing good listening skills to hear what your client is telling you and tailor your approach effectively
- Developing self-motivation skills to be able to achieve more than you did the day before
- Learning to lead by example.
GENERAL WORKPLACE SKILLS include:
- Follow instructions
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management
- Work Independently
- Solve problems
- Learn new skill
- On-the-job experience
- Transferable skills
Typical Tasks & Duties
- Session planning
- Setting up for sessions
- Packing after sessions
- Assisting in running of sessions
- Participating in sessions
- Developing rapport with members
- Recording data
- Supervising children at Mums and Bubs sessions
- Diligent, polite, enthusiastic, organised
- Possess good communication skills
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Pay attention to detail
- Be able to provide good customer service
- Have good problem solving skills
- Ask questions when needed
- Must be interested in Sport and Fitness
- Must be willing to learn and improve in all aspects of placement
- Must be able to be pro-active.
Neat and tidy appearance. Workout gear and runners.
Special Transport Requirements
Walking distance from railway station and bus route.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIS20115 - Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- SIS20412 - Certificate II in Sport Career Oriented Participation
- SIS30115 - Certificate III in Sport and Recreation