********************WE OPPORTUNITY FOR 2020 *****************
Interchange Gippsland is a community based and National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) registered organisation. We believe in equality and have a vision of a community which values all people with a disability. We support people with a disability to achieve by developing a program to suit each persons’ goals, needs and wants. We welcome all people with a disability, of all ages.
Skills You Might Learn
- Along with gaining greater understanding in the provision of support to people with a disability, there are also broader learnings including;
• Team Work and Collaboration
• Problem Solving
• Planning and Prioritising
• Interpersonal Skill
• Stakeholder engagement
Typical Tasks & Duties
Tasks & Duties:
-Under supervision and with support-
The student will be involved in various administrative functions of Interchange Gippsland and may assist in the various duties depending on their education stream. The student encourages and fosters a team focused ethos to achieve best outcomes for the Business Operations team and Interchange Gippsland as an organisation. The student also supports a responsive and customer focused culture towards both internal and external customers.
The duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
• Reception duties including answering incoming telephone calls, take messages and attend to walk-in customers
• Complete Open/Lock-Up of building each day
• Data entry and maintenance of new participants into TCM database. (New participants to be added within 24 hour turn around).
• Various administrative tasks including but not limited to scanning, photocopying, data entry and mail outs, newsletter development, marketing promotion, IT development.
• Liaise with our contracted IT support
• Set up and dismantle IT equipment (phones, computers, laptops, printers etc)
• Create a manual for data system usage
• Use of IT Software to create organisational flyers and Newsletters
• Create and inform of system pathways
• Testing platforms i.e. Skype and completing user manuals
• Maintain site facilities including office equipment such as printers and photocopiers
• Manage/liaise with contractors and suppliers
• Attend training and network meetings as required
• At all times to operate in accordance to Interchange Gippsland policies and procedures
• Displays a professional manner whilst representing Interchange Gippsland in the community
• A positive attitude
• An interest in supporting people with varying disabilities
• Willingness to learn and take on feedback and advice
• Working with Children Check (if over 16 years)
• Maintenance of participant’s privacy and confidentiality.
Comfortable neat clothing appropriate for an office (Pants and shirt)
Special Transport Requirements
• There is a public bus stop directly across from the building
• Morwell train station is 1 kilometre away
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- CUA31115 - Certificate III in Visual Arts