Exercise instructor / personal trainer
Numurkah Aquatic and Fitness Centre
If fitness and health is your thing and you are keen to learn as much as possible. Share this opportunity with your teacher to undertake Structured Workplace Learning with this reputable fitness hub in your local community - Numurkah Aquatic and Fitness Centre.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Typical tasks and duties may include but not limited to, observing PT sessions, participating in classes, equipment demonstration by the trainers, program writing and general cleaning of the gym and pool area.
Student must be studying sport and recreation or a fitness course to undertake placement at Numurkah YMCA. The student would benefit from having an outgoing, bubbly personality, they should be a good communicator. If you are over the age of 18 you will require a working with Children's check, this can be the free volunteers check.
Sport clothing must be worn.
Special Transport Requirements
No public transport is available.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIS20115 - Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- SIS30313 - Certificate III in Fitness