Sunraysia Residential Services Inc
A great opportunity for any student looking to get into the Agriculture or Animal Studies industry. This placement is based at the SRS Benetook Farm
Benetook Farm is a thriving and developing farm designed to encourage opportunities for people with disabilities to enjoy, learn, socialise and while incidental learning occurs during activities including layer hen production; marketing and sales; horticultural and viticultural, woodwork and art; song and dance; cooking and entertaining.
Skills You Might Learn
The student will gain an understanding of working within an operational farm. Students can expect to attain skills in various alternative farming techniques, workplace safety, environmentally sustainable work practices, working within teams, safe handling of farm animals.
Typical Tasks & Duties
The student will be learning all aspects of the working farm.
Duties may involve; general labouring work, operation of basic machinery and equipment and basic animal care.
Supporting staff in feeding and caring for the layer hens and pets at the farm.
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Motivated and organised
- Ability to use own initiative
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Responsible, supportive and caring attitude
- Good people skills
- Accommodating to different personalities and abilities
Work pants and shirt
Hat and sunscreen
Special Transport Requirements
Public transport is limited. Students are advised to make their own transport arrangement
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- ACM20110 - Certificate II in Animal Studies
- ACM30110 - Certificate III in Animal Studies
- AHC20116 - Certificate II in Agriculture
- AHC30110 - Certificate III in Agriculture