HEAVY VEHICLE area (Tuesdays)
Blacklocks is the largest seller of Used Cars on the Border. They are a multi franchise New Car Dealer featuring new Ford models in our expansive showroom. They have a huge range of over 200 pre inspected Used Cars in stock at our two sites, at Wodonga and Lavington. All of this is backed by state of the art Service and Spare Parts Departments. This placement opportunity exists in the service department.
This SWL placement with Blacklocks can lead to a fulltime Heavy Vehicle mechanic apprenticeship next year (in 2022) for the right candidate.
NELLEN will follow up with you and Blacklocks after your placement is completed to see how it went and if there are options for future opportunities.
Skills You Might Learn
- Demonstrate basic operational knowledge in a moderate range of automotive technologies
- Apply a defined range of skills appropriate to entry to the automotive industry.
- Apply known solutions to a limited range of predictable problems associated with an understanding of basic automotive technologies
- Perform a range of tasks where choice between a limited range of options is required
- Assess and record information from varied sources.
- Take limited responsibility for own outputs in work and learning.
- Follow direction of supervising staff
Typical Tasks & Duties
The student will learn how to assist a trained mechanic in the servicing of vehicles with hands on participation in basic mechanical, electrical auto service and repair tasks. The student will participate in various facets of a busy automotive workshop and be required to work in a team and potentially with customers.
An interest in the automotive industry and willingness to undertake required tasks
Neat work clothes and closed in shoes (work boots preferred)
Special Transport Requirements
Own transport required to get to worksite on Melbourne Road, Wodonga at 8:30 AM
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22015VIC - Certificate II in Automotive Studies (Pre-vocational)
- 22209VIC - Certificate II in Engineering Studies
- MEM30205 - Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies