Do you have a keen interest in the Building and Construction industry and in particular Bricklaying? If so we will give you a great opportunity to gain experience. This is an excellent opportunity for a student studying a VET subject in Building and Construction to gain skills with a supportive, industry leading bricklayer in the region. The team has qualified brickies, labourers and an apprentice, so students will be able to learn from workers at various stages of their careers.
Skills You Might Learn
Students can attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Typical tasks will include; mixing mortar, loading up bricks, joining walls, assisting with laying bricks, cleaning up and – most importantly – working as part of an enthusiastic team that is excited to have you on board!
Students will hopefully have a positive attitude towards Building and Construction and Bricklaying. If they have a keen eye for detail and are self-motivated, willing to listen and follow instructions they will get a lot of value from this placement. A Construction Induction Card (CI Card / White Card) will be required to be eligible for this placement.
Tradie attire or casuals that you won’t mind getting dirty. Own work boots are required.
Special Transport Requirements
As transport will vary depending on where the worksite is, the supervisor is happy to help accommodate with pick-up/drop-off where possible. Public transport options may also be available.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22338VIC - Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- CPC20112 - Certificate II in Construction
- CPC20120 - Certificate II in Construction
- CPC20211 - Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- CPC20220 - Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- CPC30111 - Certificate III in Bricklaying / Blocklaying
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies