St Vincent de Paul Society
The St Vincent de Paul Society operates over 100 Vinnies Shops throughout Victoria. The prime purpose of these shops is to provide funds for the Society to carry out its charitable works and to provide those they assist with recycled clothing, furniture and other essential goods.
The Shops are are administered by the Retail Advisory, a committee of the State Council.
This opportunity will allow students to develop a greater understanding of OHS in a workplace, enhance employability skills, develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills as well as job-readiness and retail experience.
"St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions."
Skills You Might Learn
Students will gain many skills from this opportunity, such as:
- Customer service and communication
- Commercial awareness
- Working in a team
- Time management
- Community and cultural awareness
Typical Tasks & Duties
• Maybe you would like to get creative and design eye-catching window displays?
• Or perhaps you are a treasure hunter and can spot a designer brand a mile off!
• Or maybe you prefer a more physical role of transporting and sorting donations?
• Or you love to connect with people working on the register and shop floor?
These are only a few examples of the tasks you may be doing!
This role involves dealing with people from all walks of life on a daily basis, so a welcoming personality is essential, as is an understanding of the ethos of the Society.
Students 18 or over are required to do a Working with Children and Police Check prior to placement commencement.
Students must complete the stores own paperwork upon interview/meet and greet as well as an SWL arrangement Form. Some stores may require an online application to be completed.
This employer requires all students to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information or to express your interest in this position, please contact Melissa Ramsay at Gateway LLEN on 9285 4844 or 0423 958 072 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
An apron and name badge (or other uniform) will be provided to wear while working in the shop.
Special Transport Requirements
The store is a 5-10 minute walk from Kerang station.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- CHC24015 - Certificate II in Active Volunteering
- MST20616 - Certificate II in Applied Fashion Design and Technology
- SIR20212 - Certificate II in Retail Services
- SIR30212 - Certificate III in Retail Operations
- SIR30312 - Certificate III in Retail Supervision
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies