Child care worker
Bridge Kids ELC
**Limited places left for 2022 - filling fast!**
Bridge Kids Early Learning Centre is a ‘home away from home’ based on the belief it takes a village to raise a child.
If you are passionate, have initiative and understand the importance of nurturing children through meaningful and sincere interactions come and join this fantastic team for your placement.
They value the importance of fun and laughter and believe the best way children learn is through their interests and through a strong sense of belonging.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may build skills in:
- Ensuring the health and safety of children
- Participating effectively in the work environment
- Providing experiences to support children's play and learning
- Supporting the holistic development of children in early childhood
Students may have the opportunity to develop skills relating to the supervision of young children,. Students will also receive insight and knowledge relating to childcare policies and procedures. During this placement students will gain experience of working within a team
Typical Tasks & Duties
Placement students may have the opportunity to participate in a range of activities including
- Supervision of safe play activities
- Maintaining centre cleanliness (including sweeping, mopping, wiping tables and benches, cleaning paint pots and brushes, etc.)
- Reading stories - Helping prepare snacks, such as chopping fresh fruit
- Assisting with various admin tasks
Some tasks will not be permitted (such as nappy changes). This will be discussed further at preliminary meeting.
Placement ideally suited to students studying a certificate qualification in VET Certificate III Early Childhood Education and Care.
This employer is looking to build their team of casual and ongoing employees, so there could be the opportunity for further employment for the right student, particularly those who are completing their Childcare studies this year.
**NB. Student vaccinations must be up to date according to their eligibility and Government guidelines.**
Closed toe shoes required for safety reasons. Clothing should be neat, but comfortable, suitable for active work.
To be discussed further at interview
Special Transport Requirements
Accessible by bus and trains on the Hurstbridge train line.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- CHC30113 - Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care