Collicoat Smash Repairs
**Please contact email@example.com via your teacher to arrange this placement**
This is a great opportunity for student’s interested in a career in the automotive industry. You will gain hands on experience in a number of areas including panel beating, detailing, spray painting, car maintenance and repair whilst working alongside industry professionals.
As a general automotive repair shop the staff are trained to carry out all types of auto bodywork, panel work and spray painting, and the vehicle repair centre is fully equipped to meet the standard and quality controls of manufacturers. They offer a number of additional services including roadside assistance and insurance claims.
This placement will provide an excellent understanding of the automotive industry.
Skills You Might Learn
General employability skills including:
• Communication skills
• Problem solving
• Time management
Industry specific skills including:
• Following safe working practices in an automotive workplace
• Steps involved in general servicing and cleaning
• Understanding of the tools, equipment, and procedures necessary to the occupation and business.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Student will be supervised by qualified panel beaters, spray painters and mechanics and may have the opportunity to dismantle damaged vehicles prior to repair and painting. Students will also assist with inspections and learn to assess vehicles for repair. Other duties may include:
• Use of technology required to service and troubleshoot auto problems
• General servicing and maintenance on a variety of makes and models of vehicles
• Assisting mechanics as required
Students should be studying Automotive Studies and/or have a keen interest in the Automotive Industry. They should also have good listening and observational skills and be willing to follow instructions.
Safety boots and long pants. If hair is below shoulder length it must be worn up.
Special Transport Requirements
Public Transport is available.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- AUR20716 - Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- AUR20720 - Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation