BEGA Cheese LTD.
Are you studying Electrotechnology? Even wondered what the difference is between a domestic sparky and an industrial sparky? BEGA Cheese is offering a SWL opportunity for the keen and enthusiastic learner. Are you interested? Make the most of this opportunity and share it with your teacher, SWL opportunities don't come by very often in large manufacturing businesses.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Placement in the electrical field entails mainly observation and learning from the qualified trades people. It will expose you to the terminology used, equipment and materials gathered for jobs and an insight in to the correct method to complete jobs. You will be exposed to industrial electrical jobs, not usually seen with a domestic electrician. Students will also be kept busy with small jobs suitable for SWL students.
Student must be studying Electrotechnology to consume this opportunity. They will be required to call Robyn for an informal phone interview, in which they will discuss placement dates and times. Student must be available for a 1 week placement in the month of November, excluding the week of Melbourne Cup. They must also be prepared to undertake a full site induction on the first day, this may take up to an hour. Student can either bring their lunch, kitchen facilities are available, or there is a canteen they can purchase from.
All clothing and shoes will be supplied on site, come dressed in casual clothing and you will be shown where your locker and change rooms are.
Special Transport Requirements
Student will be required to find their own transport to and from the site, no public transport is accessible.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22261VIC - Certificate II in Electrotechnology Studies (Pre-vocational)
- UEE22011 - Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start)
- UEE30811 - Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician