Latrobe Valley Buslines
****OPPORTUNITY FOR 2018****
Mechanics assistant SWL position available in Traralgon with a service provider who has been in operation for many years.
The bus depot workshop will provide a range of opportunities as an introduction to the automotive and heavy machinery industry including diesel mechanics and panel beating. The student will be supervised by qualified diesel mechanics who will be assisting the student throughout the placement.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will be able to observe technicians at work on an array of vehicles. Students will be able to assist a qualified technician to service busses. Tasks will include identifying tools required, handing tools and parts required in order to complete a service. Students will have the opportunity to participate in general servicing tasks. Students will also be able to assist and observe qualified panel beaters and the range of skills required for the panel beating trade.
A keen interest in the industry and studying a related course in automotive.
To be confirmed with the employer on student contact.
Special Transport Requirements
Student to arrange own transport
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- AUR20716 - Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- AUR32112 - Certificate III in Automotive Body Repair
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies