Latrobe City Council
A fantastic opportunity to gain experience working at the public library located in Morwell
There’s more to libraries than just processing books, this opportunity will expose you to a variety of duties required to run a successful library service.
You will be working with a caring team of library staff assisting with a variety of duties including; back of house library operations and collection management, customers service, cleaning and maintenance as well as assisting in delivering a variety of interesting library activities.
A positive, open, willing to learn attitude is encouraged.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, there will only be 2 SWL placement opportunities available. If you are interested in this placement apply now!
Please speak to your Careers Teacher & complete a Latrobe City Workplace Application Form to apply.
Skills You Might Learn
Upon completion of the placement students will gain the following skills and more:
- Knowledge of the different library roles and duties.
- Basic office administration
- Customer service skills
- Team work skills
- Communication skills
Typical Tasks & Duties
During this placement, you will:
- Shadow and spend time with library staff
- Assist with back of house library operations and collection management
- Assist with general cleaning and maintenance duties
- Customer service
- Assist with delivering a variety of library activities
- Assist with library catalogue data entry
- Interest in working in a library environment
- Good computer skills
- Attention to detail
- A willingness to learn
- A keen attitude
- A willingness to develop skills
- Must be punctual
Neat casual, closed toe shoes.
Special Transport Requirements
Student to arrange own transport
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- BSB20115 - Certificate II in Business
- BSB30412 - Certificate III in Business Administration
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies