Latrobe Valley Buslines
****OPPORTUNITY FOR 2018****
Panel beater SWL position available in Traralgon with a service provider who has been in operation for many years.
The bus depot workshop will provide a range of opportunities as an introduction to the automotive and heavy machinery industry including panel beating and diesel mechanics. The student will be supervised by qualified panel beaters who will be assisting the student throughout the placement.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Typical tasks and duties will include but not limited to; assisting the qualified tradesmen with tasks such as, prepping vehicles, taping out and marking out vehicles, reconditioning bumpers, washing vehicles and general cleaning duties. While assisting with these task you will be able to observe the more intricate tasks a qualified spray painter undertakes including fabrication, painting and fibreglassing.
A keen interest in the industry and studying a related course in automotive or panel beating.
To be confirmed with the employer on student contact.
Special Transport Requirements
Student to arrange own transport
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- AUR20716 - Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- AUR32112 - Certificate III in Automotive Body Repair
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies