BEC Yarrawonga PTY. LTD.
Are you studying electrotechnology already? If you are, and you would like to pursue a career as an electrician then you should consider a placement with BECYarrawonga, who are proactive in their search for potential apprentices in this field. Show your skills and work commitment while on placement and potentially be an apprentice of the future.
Skills You Might Learn
Skills Attained: Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Placement in the electrical field entails mainly observation and learning from the qualified trades people. It will expose you to the terminology used, equipment and materials gathered for jobs and an insight in to the correct method to complete jobs. You will be exposed to both domestic and commercial electrical jobs, which will give you an insight to see where your interest may lie. Students will also be kept busy with small jobs suitable for SWL students.
Students should demonstrate good work ethic, willingness to learn and follow instructions well.
Students should wear work boots, trade pants and a high vis top.
Special Transport Requirements
No access to public transport
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22261VIC - Certificate II in Electrotechnology Studies (Pre-vocational)
- UEE22011 - Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start)