The position requires a person who is a competent learner with the ability to work efficiently with and without direct supervision whilst attached to a Ventura mechanical workshop.
To complete any mechanical repairs, safety inspections and information recording as delegated by your supervisor in the time frame requested in an efficient and safe manner.
To receive on the job training, Supervision, and assessment in accordance with the requirements of the Vocational Education and Training Act 1990 and the approved training program.
The apprentice is to be instructed by Ventura senior staff.
The apprentice will attend off the job training and assessment under the approved training program and the Vocational Education and Training Act 1990.
Skills You Might Learn
The student will have the opportunity to complete mechanical repairs and safety inspections and will receive on the job training, Supervision, and assessment in accordance with the requirements of the Vocational Education and Training Act 1990 and the approved training program.
Typical Tasks & Duties
• Prepare, maintain and operate Fleet in accordance with the Bus Safety Act 2009.
• Undertake the day to day heavy vehicle repair and maintenance and ensure the vehicles safety and roadworthiness under the instruction of a Qualified Tradesperson.
• Follow Company’s policies and procedures and safety instructions.
• Wear all appropriate PPE pertinent to the job at hand.
• Maintain a safe working environment.
• Participate in any relevant training and meetings.
• Not have any alcohol or drugs present in your blood or breath immediately before, or while performing tasks at hand.
• Report all health issues or any other issues that may affect your fitness at work.
• General Assistance to the Qualified Tradespeople, Supervisor and Manager.
• Preferably a minimum of Year 10 at Secondary College or Pre-apprenticeship qualification.
• A good mechanical aptitude.
• An ability to carry out safe work practices.
• Basic Computer skills.
• Pleasant nature and telephone skills.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Basic Numeracy & Literacy.
• Understand and respect the standards and disciplines of the Grenda organisation.
• Product knowledge.
To be discussed at interview
Special Transport Requirements
Student must be able to get to and from place of employment themselves.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22015VIC - Certificate II in Automotive Studies (Pre-vocational)