Oasis Auto Service
A great opportunity at Oasis Auto Service Mildura, your local Bosch Service Dealer.They are a specialist in maintaining and repairing all makes and models. You will get the opportunity to get hands on experience and learn from trained Technicians who between them have over 150 years of combined experience.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students are not to use their phone during work time. Students should discuss the workplace phone policy with their supervisor.
Working alongside the service team you will have the opportunity to undertake basic mechanical tasks that may include but not limited to:
- working as part of a team
- learn to manually assess vehicles
- work on a variety of vehicles types
- learn to diagnose and repair vehicles
- tidying and maintenance of workshop equipment
You will have the opportunity to observe and assist (if appropriate) in the general service and repair of vehicles. If the student shows initiative and demonstrates the ability to follow instructions they may be given more responsibilities.
Whilst the students are attending a work placement they are expected to:
Maintain interest and participate in work duties
Be well mannered and behave in a respectful and responsible manner
Follow management instructions
Act in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements
Work within the team
Listen and take advice from fellow workers
Participate in business activities as required
Respect other people’s belongings
Keep a note pad and pen handy to take notes for their own reference
Demonstrate the skills they have developed through their course
Take their Log Book to the work placement every day.
Boots and work attire.
Special Transport Requirements
Public transport is limited. Students are advised to make their own transport arrangement.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- AUR20716 - Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation