Greenhills Neighbourhood House
“Welcome to Greenhills. We think you’ll like it here.” With a tagline like that, you can rightly assume that the staff at Greenhills Neighbourhood house are friendly and inviting.
They offer a wide variety of activities and courses for all ages, even a childcare centre on site.
Just to give you a snapshot, in term 1 2018 they ran Pilates, Tai Chi and Yoga Sessions, through to Gypsy Dance, Walking Groups and Circuit Classes. They ran workshops in first aid, history, sustainability, horticulture, finger painting through to skateboard decoration.
There’s always something happening, and it’s always fun!
Skills You Might Learn
Aligned with your Business Admin studies, you may have the opportunity to practice;
- organising and completing daily work activities
- using a range of technologies
- organising workplace information
- designing and producing business documents
- Workplace Health and Safety
- customer service
- working with people from diverse backgrounds
As a member of this energetic team, you would also have the opportunity to develop your communication, time management, problem solving, creative and critical thinking skills.
Typical Tasks & Duties
As a Business Admin placement student, your role would be to;
- assist with the creation and distribution of marketing materials,
- answer phones and supporting reception
- update databases, spreadsheets and contact lists
- help with budgeting, issuing receipts
- facilitating events, such as setting up and packing down
Best suited to a VCAL student undertaking Business Admin studies.
We strongly recommend that the student investigates the location prior to interview as the buildings are “tucked away” from the main road.
Smart casual, suitable for a small office environment which regularly receives visitors. To be discussed further at interview.
Special Transport Requirements
Venue is close to bus access, and within walking distance to Greensborough train station.
Travel Form may be required to enable student to move between sites.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- BSB20115 - Certificate II in Business
- BSB30412 - Certificate III in Business Administration