Norton Motor Group
Norton Motor Group in Horsham are your local Ford, Isuzu, Jeep, Dodge and Chrysler dealers for the Wimmera. Norton Motor Group specialise in genuine parts and trained service technicians, no one knows your car like the Norton Motor Group service team. Norton Motor Groups’s service departments are second to none and even if you don´t own a Ford, you can still get the satisfaction and peace of mind that comes with every Norton Motor Group service.
The team at Norton Motor Group Horsham, welcome a student interested in the auto field. Preferably a student currently studying or completed Cert II VET Automotive. If you have a genuine interest in auto industry, a great work ethic and are willing to observe, learn, participate and get your hands dirty, then this could be the work placement for you!
Skills You Might Learn
- Following OH&S policies and procedures.
- Working within a team.
- Following instructions and completing tasks.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Student will be able to take part in a wide range of duties including:
- Assisting staff with service repairs, engine checks and oils changes. Exhaust, Brakes and suspension checks and repairs. Wheel alignments, air conditioning repairs and servicing and much more.
- General cleaning duties and correct storage of tools and equipment.
- Ordering of parts.
Student will be required to attend the work placement on the negotiated days. If the student is unable to attend, a phone call to the service manager and school is required.
Student must wear closed toe shoes or work boots and neat casual attire that will get dirty.
Special Transport Requirements
Student will be required to make their own travel arrangements to and from their work placement.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22015VIC - Certificate II in Automotive Studies (Pre-vocational)
- AUR32112 - Certificate III in Automotive Body Repair
- AUR32412 - Certificate III in Automotive Refinishing Technology
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies