Reservoir Neighbourhood House
Reservoir Neighbourhood House is one of the only purpose-built Neighourhood Houses in Victoria and was opened to the community in July 2009. Funding came from many different sources and represents a unique collaboration between PRACE and State, Federal and Local governments. PRACE auspiced the House and oversaw the building and development for the community.
Building on this experience, in 2013 Reservoir Neighbourhood House made the transition to fully independent community management.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
Typical Tasks & Duties
Aligned with your Community Services studies, you may have the opportunity to practice:
- Following policy procedures and policies of an organisation
- communicating with people who are accessing the organisation’s facilities and services
-assist with the preparation of spaces for community activities
- support reception tasks, such as answering phones
- create and update displays as required
- identifying and addressing specific client needs
- working with people from diverse backgrounds
- assisting with creating marketing and promotional material
- general administration duties
Students must have good IT skills and high level communication skills.
Special Transport Requirements
Venue is accessible via bus. Please refer to www.ptv.vic.gov.au to plan your journey.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- CHC20112 - Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC30112 - Certificate III in Community Services Work
- SIS30213 - Certificate III in Community Activity Programs