Warehousing operations assistant
Boots For All
Do you love sports? Want to expand your retail, warehousing and business skills?
Several amazing SWL opportunities are available with a social enterprise sports store in Briar Hill.
Boots For All is a registered charity that exists to dissolve barriers to sport and social inclusion across Australia & does this by collecting new & near-new sporting goods & distributing them to teams in need across Australia. Boots For All also operates Australia’s only social enterprise sports store – Sport for All based in Briar Hill that exists to dissolve barriers to employment for young people. .
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop a range of skills across retail & e-commerce, warehousing and business as well as be supported in your career journey.
Skills You Might Learn
Students will expand on their understanding of:
• retail business (both front end and back end of store)
• customer service skills
• point-of-sale & EFTPOS facility
• e-commerce (online) order fulfillment & dispatch skills
• workplace health and safety practices
• communication skills
• teamwork skills
• warehousing sills
Typical Tasks & Duties
Develop your customer service and business skills by assisting with:
• Customer service skills
• Retail computer skills including Point-of-Sale & EFTPOS facility
• Correct stock rotation
• Stock maintenance procedures
• Stock control and maintenance
• Intake and processing of donated sporting goods
• Processing and export of outgoing donated goods
• Visual merchandising (stock display in retail store)
• Cleaning duties
• Retail & Warehouse work station upkeep.
• Liaise with other staff, volunteers (corporate & community volunteers) and customers
• Learn the functions of a retail & e-commerce (online) business
• Learn warehousing operations
Appropriate dress. Punctuality. Students may be studying an aligned Certificate such as Retail, Warehousing, Business Administration or VCAL studies and have a keen interest to work within the industry and a willingness to learn. Students must be willing to follow instructions and work within a team.
Neat and tidy.
Special Transport Requirements
Venue is close to bus (902 Beaconsfield Road stop directly in front of Boots For All Centre) and Greensborough train station.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- BSB20112 - Certificate II in Business
- BSB30112 - Certificate III in Business
- SIR20212 - Certificate II in Retail Services
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies