WestVic Dairy Camperdown
WestVic Dairy believe in the training and development of young people and would love to host a student from the region. This SWL opportunity would be fantastic for any student interested in the Agriculture and Business Administration industries. Students who are studying VCAL are highly encouraged to apply – this is not a VET only opportunity.
WestVic Dairy are happy to take a student during T4 in 2019, as well as looking at students for 2020!
Skills You Might Learn
Students will gain valuable knowledge in the area of customer service and organisational skills. The student will learn correct telephone procedure, be able to produce simple spreadsheets and documents, observe and if possible assist with expense reconcillation and use office equipment such as PC/internet, photocopier,shredder, laminator etc under supervision. Students will also gain skills within the Agricultural (farms) areas during field days and in organising major events.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students undertaking this placement will build and develop skills in reception and administration support. Tasks will include:
- Greeting visitors upon arrival to the front office.
- Answering telephones, and taking down enquiries.
- Sorting mail (incoming and outgoing).
- Using word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Supporting field staff on projects.
- Meeting and working with farmers on field days.
- Building knowledge and understanding surrounding the other businesses involved in the Agriculture industry.
To be successful in this position students must encompass a bright and friendly disposition, along with a strong work ethic. Students must be able to work independently, completing tasks accurately and neatly. Students must be flexible in their approach and be willing to work in a team.
Neat casual dress at all times.
Rubber boots - needed occasionally
Wet weather clothing - needed occasionally
Special Transport Requirements
Student must make their own way to/from the office.
Before commencement of placement, students must complete a transport form to allow for any trips out to worksites.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- BSB20112 - Certificate II in Business
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies