Sport development officer
JULY WEEK BLOCK PLACEMENTS AT GRAVITY ZONE
This is a unique opportunity to JUMP into this excellent Sport and Rec placement with a great employer. With 4,000 square metres of gravity-defying mayhem a multi-level laser tag arena and over 180 trampolines, there's something for everyone at GRAVITY ZONE and you can be a part of delivering that experience!
This is a noisy, fun energetic environment. Your willingness to deliver this experience through good customer service, the ability to be adaptable and be an all-rounder throughout the centre will ensure you get the most out of your week.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These will include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will work with, and under the supervision of experienced staff. There will be a range of tasks and duties you may undertake which will contribute to developing your skills and knowledge of this industry.
Over the week you may have a chance to experience different aspects of the centre including:
- Working on the floor assisting customers, setting up and cleaning equipment, observe and assist staff in monitoring participants in the trampoline floor areas.
- Working at reception, assisting with taking and checking in bookings - including customer service & public relations, learn about bookings and party requirements.
- Setting up for parties and group bookings (Dependent on bookings)
including observing how to effectively communicate with groups of children and parents.
- Engaging with people of all ages, including engaging with children in the new Under 5's Kids Zone (parents are in attendance)
- Working in the café.
- Be supervised to assist with activities like catering, cleaning and equipment maintenance.
- Develop further understanding of the importance of safety and safe use of equipment and duty of care to all participants.
- Become aware of OHS policy, do a tour of buildings and note any issues regarding OHS that you will need to observe while on work placement.
Gravity Zone is a fun, noisy and active environment and you will be assisting behind the scenes to help deliver the experience.
You must have a genuine interest in entering the Sport and Rec industry. Ideally you will be confident, comfortable with liaising with others and a team player. This role is (as expected of all employees at the centre) a multi-skilled one and you will be required to undertake all sorts of tasks to ensure customers have a positive experience. That includes picking up a broom, cleaning surfaces, setting up equipment etc.
The placement is a WEEK BLOCK (Mon - Fri). Gravity Zone are willing to take on one student per week on placement. Please advise the block date as part of your application.
Students will be given a branded polo shirt to be work each day on placement. (to be returned, clean at the end of the placement). Students will also need to wear black tracksuit pants, shorts or leggings, neat and clean trainers. No heavy makeup and jewellery is to be kept to a minimum, hair to be neat and tidy.
Special Transport Requirements
Student is to arrange own transport to and from the employer.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIS20313 - Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- SIS30313 - Certificate III in Fitness
- SIS30513 - Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
- SIS30713 - Certificate III in Sport Coaching