Established for more than 50 years, Graham Bodyworks has a reputation for providing high quality repairs with excellent customer service. Using the latest technologies and equipment, we repair and restore vehicles to manufacturer’s specifications’. With state-of-the-art equipment and panel beating expertise, colour matching and refinishing, we offer a complete automotive body repair service.
So, if you have a passion for motor vehicles and want to learn how to become an exceptional panel beater or spray painter then this is the place for you!
Skills You Might Learn
In alignment with Automotive vocational studies, students will acquire base level panel beating skills or vehicle painting skills and knowledge, safe work practices, communication and team work along with an understanding of time management and general workshop tasks.
Typical Tasks & Duties
This professional, local business will give the student a chance for a hands on placement in a workshop that specialises in collision repairs,
• restoration work and vehicle spray painting. The student's tasks will include keeping the workshop clean and tidy, helping staff with tools and equipment, and making sure all equipment is stored correctly. Also assisting staff with the removal of damaged panels from vehicles. Depending on their developing skill level, the student may assist staff with the refitting of replacement panels and the panel beating of damaged panels. If spray painting is their field of interest, they will assist staff with the preparation of panels for painting.
• The student will apply safe working practices and observe OH&S procedures in the workplace.
The student must have an interest in the motor vehicle industry, a positive attitude, enthusiasm, listen to instructions and take direction, be hard working with a good eye for detail and be prepared to undertake basic cleaning and tidying duties along with some car washing.
Sturdy work clothes are required, work boots and be prepared to get dirty.
Safety equipment such as goggles, gloves, etc will be supplied by the employer for use on site.
Special Transport Requirements
Venue is close to bus and train access.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- AUR20716 - Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- AUR32116 - Certificate III in Automotive Body Repair Technology
- AUR32416 - Certificate III in Automotive Refinishing Technology