A placement opportunity exists for an enthusiastic student to work alongside experienced and friendly trades people with Metro Air (VIC) Pty Ltd. If this placement proves successful, it will lead to an apprenticeship in refrigeration and air-conditioning.
Metro Air is a leading Melbourne based air-conditioning company, providing exceptional quality air-conditioning solutions to a broad range of domestic and commercial customers. Metro Air is a trustworthy and reliable company able to deliver on small and complex projects. Its experienced trades people ensure each job and project they undertake is completed to the highest standard. Metro Air prides itself on providing its customers an honest and reliable service.
Metro Air specialises in all facets of reverse cycle air-conditioning including ducted systems, VRV & VRF systems, bulkhead and hi-wall systems, package units & cassette systems - in both high-end residential and commercial projects. Its trade people have a wealth of knowledge and experience that will ensure all air-conditioning projects will be completed within budget and to the highest possible standard.
Skills You Might Learn
- The students will learn how to use hand and battery-operated tools
- Learn how to run refrigeration lines
- Learn how to run electrical control wiring
- Some welding
- Sheet metal work
- Installing duct work
- Understand the process of installing air-conditioning systems on residential, and commercial buildings.
- Team work
- Understanding of OH&S requirements in air-conditioning installations.
Typical Tasks & Duties
The student will be required to assist tradesmen with the installation of reverse cycle air-conditioning systems. Specifically, they will be required to:
- Assist with unpacking tools from the Van to the site and packing at the end of the day
- Observing and assisting the trades people with installations of air-conditioning systems
- Handing tools to trades people
- Some heavy lifting and frequent kneeling will be required
- Working in cold and wet weather
The student is expected to:
- be diligent, polite, enthusiastic and well organised
- able to follow instructions
- pay attention to detail
- possess problem-solving skills
- have good communication skills
- ask questions when needed to ensure understanding
- maintain safe practice at all times.
Must wear work long trousers and long-sleeved shirt, dress appropriately for weather. Steel-cupped safety boots. The employer would offer a high visibility vest.
Special Transport Requirements
The student would be required to make their own way to a certain point or the site (that certain point is Thomastown). The employer would let the student know where they would meet.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22216VIC - Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- 22304VIC - Certificate II in Plumbing (Pre-Apprenticeship)