Anaconda - Narre Warren
Anaconda, Australia's leading outdoor and sporting products retailer is looking for enthusiastic students who are passionate about the outdoors and adventure. During your placement you will get to know all about products related to camping, hiking, fishing, four-wheel-driving, cycling, kayaking, snorkeling, diving and rock climbing, while also improving your skills in customer service and retail activities.Students will gain hands-on experience across all/many aspects of the business. This placement will provide you with a range of opportunities to develop your skills while working alongside experienced industry professionals.
Skills You Might Learn
Interpersonal skills, product knowledge, product placement, stocktaking, excellent customer service. Work and life skills eg, time management, communication and personal development skills
Typical Tasks & Duties
During your placement, you may undertake the following:
- Replenish point of sale areas, dust shelving, fixtures and stock, refill floor stock and face-up or move stock forward, size merchandise and ensure hangers face the same way.
- Liaise with other staff and customers
- Learn the functions of a retail business
- Answer phones, operate computer
- Re-order stock
- Operate retail technology - POS, pricing equipment, scanners, EFTPOS.
- Learn retail procedures for EFTPOS, laybys, gift vouchers, refunds.
Students with a love of retail and the outdoor sports are encouraged to apply. You will need to have: a passion for customer service, a positive attitude, able to take direction and instruction, have good listening skills, be polite to customers and colleagues
Please discuss dress requirements with the employer prior to the commencement of placement.
Special Transport Requirements
Located near Fountain Gate shopping centre
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIR20216 - Certificate II in Retail Services
- SIS20213 - Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation