Westvic Staffing Solutions
Westvic Staffing Solutions is offering 5 opportunities for students to be placed with local Portland and Heywood industry in their administration department as a SBAT for 2021
It will be for a Certificate III in Business and will require some training to complete, One class every 4 weeks at the Westvic Centre in Gawler Street Portland. 9am – 3.30pm, Plus – 3 days of classroom training on each term break.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students undertaking this placement will build and develop skills in administration support. Tasks will include:
- Greeting visitors upon arrival to the front office.
- Answering telephones, and taking down enquiries.
- Sorting mail (incoming and outgoing).
- Using word processing and spreadsheet programs and data inputs.
- Supporting staff as required on building projects.
- Building knowledge and understanding surrounding the business and overall business industry.
- Various administration duties
Gross hourly rate paid to student for hours worked in the workplace:
Year 11 - $13.68
Year 12 - $15.08
Self-motivated (dedicated to completing a Certificate III in Business)
Punctual and reliable
Sound literacy and numeracy skills
Approximately $702.00 (payment plans available) fees in cost of course
Genuine interest in working in a business or administrative field
Ability to attend scheduled classes
Attend an interview and undertake LL+N test
Special Transport Requirements
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- BSB30115 - Certificate III in Business