Johnson's Truck and Coach Service
Do you aspire to work as an Automotive Parts Interpreter? This opportunity may be the right opportunity for you.
This is opportunity is for a student to gain structured workplace learning as an Automotive Parts Interpreter in a supportive team. This is an ideal placement for a student currently studying a VETDSS subject in Automotive or Retail Services to gain skills at a leading Automotive Retail, Service and Repair business in the Automotive: Heavy Commercial Vehicle Industry in the Mildura area.
Sounds like a pretty good employer to have on your resume doesn't it? Make Johnson’s Truck and Coach Service your next phone call to find out more.
Skills You Might Learn
The student may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable employability skills such as:
• Problem solving.
• Follow instructions.
• Work under supervision.
• Industry specific OH&S.
The student may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their secondary school studies they include:
• Hands-on practical experience.
• Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals.
• Working in real-life scenarios.
• Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation.
• Liaising and working with supervisors, colleagues, industry personnel, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
A Parts Interpreter undertakes sales, stock control and administration in relation to automotive replacement parts in a retail outlet.
Tasks and duties may include;
• Respond to customer needs and enquiries in an automotive workplace
• Maintain business image in an automotive workplace
• Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace
• Process customer complaints in an automotive workplace
• Sell automotive products and services
• Promote automotive products and services
• Conduct online transactions in an automotive workplace
• Comply with legal requirements when selling automotive products and services
• Test, charge and replace batteries and jump-start vehicles
• Carry out warehousing procedures in an automotive workplace
• Identify and match uncommon automotive parts
• Select and supply automotive parts and products
• Develop product knowledge
• Use business technology
• Control stock
• Merchandise products
• Pick and process orders
• Build customer relations in an automotive workplace
Students with a positive attitude towards Automotive Sales and in particular as a Parts Interpreter and are self-motivated, willing to listen and follow instruction are encouraged to consider a future SWL placement to develop skills learned from their VETDSS subject.
Whilst the students is attending the work placement they are expected to:
• Dress appropriately.
• Maintain interest and participate in tasks and work duties.
• Be willing to spend periods of time observing before undertaking necessary tasks as requested.
• Be well mannered and behave in a respectful and responsible manner.
• Be punctual.
• Follow management instructions.
• Act in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements.
• Work within the team.
• Listen and take advice from fellow workers.
• Respect other people’s belongings.
• Keep a note pad and pen handy to take notes for their own reference.
• Demonstrate the skills they have developed through their course.
• Take their Log Book to the work placement every day.
• Students must be willing to spend periods of time observing and to undertake necessary tasks as requested.
The student must be well presented in the appropriate work attire at all times as follows;
• Enclosed non slip work shoes or boots.
• Neat work shirt, long or short sleeve.
• Neat work pants or work shorts at knee length.
• No inappropriate slogans or ripped clothing.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to the tasks and duties carried out by the student, will be supplied by the Host Employer.
KMART Mildura is a supplier of appropriate worksite clothing.
Special Transport Requirements
Public Transport is limited, students to check bus transport availability and or speak to parents/carer to organise transport prior to contacting employer.
Buslink Sunraysia: Ph: 5023 0274, Website: http://buslink.com.au/your-bus-service/mildura/
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- AUR20716 - Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- AUR30616 - Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology (Release 1)
- SIR20216 - Certificate II in Retail Services