Joiner/ cabinet maker
Do you have a passion for cabinet making and joinery?
Do you have a keen eye for detail?
If so, come and gain some experience with GV kitchens, a well-established business based in Shepparton, servicing Shepparton and the surrounding districts.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience, such as using machinery and hand tools, edging, fitting and installing,
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments at GV kitchens on and off site
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will work along-side qualified industry cabinet makers. Students will have the opportunity to use machinery and hand tools, go off site to fit kitchens, learn the technique of edging and ensure their work space it kept tidy to produce quality work
The student must be punctual and dedicated.
The student is required to wear steel cap boots, a high visible shirt. Safety glasses and ear plugs must be worn as instructed in the OH&S induction.
Special Transport Requirements
The student will have to organise travel arrangements as no public transport runs near the work site. Offsite jobs the student will travel with the team.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- MSF20113 - Certificate II in Furnishing
- MSF31113 - Certificate III in Cabinet Making
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies