Get your career in the Electrical industry off to a bright and energetic start with this placement! Get connected and work with qualified tradespeople and gain valuable, practical, real-world experience in the workplace. Based with Jeftomson, you will be exposed to industrial and domestic jobs, this local business will give you a terrific opportunity to build on your industry skills and knowledge from the classroom. **Conditional School-based Apprenticeship opportunities are available for this role. Please advise your teacher if this interests you.**
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Typical tasks and duties include but are not limited to; assisting the qualified tradesperson with tasks on hand by gathering tools and materials, assisting with fault finding, and installation of electrical equipment. Students can gain a huge variety of experience within the one placement including domestic, industrial and outdoor work. Sites vary and may include Wheeler St, Shepparton and/or Camp St Mooroopna. The placement location will be confirmed at the interview.
The student is required to show an interest and engage positively in the work environment.
A packed lunch/drink should be packed in a cooler bag. A broad-brimmed hat and sunscreen will be supplied.
Steel cap boots should be worn, trade pants or shorts are acceptable and a Hi-Vis top, short or long.
Special Transport Requirements
Local transport details can be found at http://dysongroup.com.au/public-transport/regional
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22261VIC - Certificate II in Electrotechnology Studies (Pre-vocational)
- UEE22011 - Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start)
- UEE30811 - Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies