Watters Electrical Pty Ltd
Established in 1957, Watters have completed major projects all over the Goulburn Valley region. This is an excellent opportunity to get connected and work with qualified tradespeople to gain valuable, practical, real-world experience in the workplace. Watters does work in various areas of the industry such as; general electrical work (including residential & civil), solar, data and security, and industrial jobs. Students who show a strong interest in learning will get the most variety from this placement, so ask lots of questions and put your best foot forward!
Skills You Might Learn
Students can attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will generally work in the service department, attending other sites as required and taking on tasks in line with their skills and interests. Typical tasks and duties include, but are not limited to; assisting the qualified tradesperson with tasks on hand by gathering tools and materials, assisting with fault finding, and installation of electrical equipment. Depending on the company’s work at different times, placements can take place entirely at the Drummond Rd depot or students may have an opportunity to attend worksites across the region.
No experience is necessary for this placement but a genuine interest in electrical, data or solar is a must. Good work ethic, initiative, communication and teamwork skills will help students get the most from this placement.
High visibility clothing, long sleeves and pants, safety boots are required.
Special Transport Requirements
Students must get themselves to the main business address each day.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22289VIC - Certificate II in Integrated Technologies
- 22499VIC - Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Pre-Vocational)
- ICT20120 - Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies
- UEE21911 - Certificate II in Electronics
- UEE21920 - Certificate II in Electronics
- UEE22011 - Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start)
- UEE22020 - Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start)