Child care worker
Aussie Kindies Early Learning Centre Stawell
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please contact CGLLEN for specific information regarding placement requirements- firstname.lastname@example.org or 5352 3266. Aussie Kindies Early Learning approach begins with a focus on baby sensory play and building secure attachments, so the littlest of learners develop the confidence they need to explore.
This is followed by exciting play-based toddler programs featuring opportunities to develop literacy, numeracy, and early socialisation skills. Children aged from 3-years old can join Aussie Kindies Kindergarten programs, developing the school readiness skills they need to thrive in Primary School. If you are motivated and enthusiastic about the profession of Early Years Education and Care, please apply for the opportunity.
Skills You Might Learn
Skills attained will include the following;
- Importance of teamwork.
- Time management and punctuality.
- Communication skills in the workplace.
- Experience and familiarity with the general care and education of children.
- Exposure to Early Years Learning service activities in a professional environment.
- Broader understanding of what an Educator's role involves on a day-to-day basis.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will be responsible for the following tasks;
- Assisting Teachers and Educators with planned activities and experiences, setting education learning spaces in both the indoor and outdoor environment.
- Engaging with children and parent/guardians as instructed by the Teacher in charge.
- Completing all cleaning and set up and pack away related tasks as assigned by the Teacher and Educators.
Students are encouraged to consider a SWL placement to develop skills learned from their VETDSS or VCAL subject in Community Services and/or Early Childhood Education and Care.
The following requirements must be met;
- Students are required to have completed the Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) module in WRS VCAL or else have begun the OH&S module in the relevant VET course.
- Students must adhere to strict Privacy and Confidentiality policy and procedures.
- Students must be able to spend extended periods on their feet and interact with children at a child's level.
- Students must have a willingness to learn and be able to follow instructions.
- Students must be willing to communicate clearly and work with a team.
- Students must be completing a related subject or have displayed an interest in Early Years Education and Care.
- Students must display great initiative to complete tasks and follow Program Plans.
- Students must be cooperative and work as part of a small team.
- Personal mobile phones are not required and should only be used out of work hours or on meal breaks.
- Privacy and Confidentiality policy clauses prevent personal mobile phones usage while interacting with children and Aussie Kindies early Learning Centre staff, volunteers and families.
Students undertaking placement will be required to wear neat casual clothing as appropriate for an Early Years Education and Care Service- comfortable clothing and closed in toe and heel shoes. A hat will be required for all outdoor activity from the months of August through till April (SunSmart Policy applies).
Special Transport Requirements
The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) is responsible for the student’s transport to and from the workplace.
If it is proposed that the student may need to undertake vehicle travel with their employer and/or supervisor during the arrangement (including transporting the student to and/or from the workplace), the employer must complete the Structured Workplace Learning Travel and Accommodation Form. The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) must give their consent by also completing this form.
If transport is presenting a problem please contact CGLLEN to discuss available options and support that can be provided. Email: SWL@cgllen.org.au Phone: 03 5352 3266.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- CHC22015 - Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC30113 - Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC32015 - Certificate III in Community Services
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies