The Little Gourmet Food Company
Are you studying Hospitality already and have a keen interest in pursuing a career in pastry’s? If so, The Little Gourmet Food Company can provide an excellent opportunity to undergo placement, gaining an exciting insight into the industry.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Typical tasks and duties may include but not limited to, assisting pastry chefs by weighing and measuring of ingredients, getting equipment ready, reading recipes, making basic recipes and washing dishes.
The student must be studying VET hospitality and have passion specifically for pastry. Basic maths skills are required for multiplying recipes and weighing of ingredients.
Chef’s uniform. Aprons can be provided.
Special Transport Requirements
Local transport details can be found at www.shepptransit.com.au or for Vline transport options visit www.vline.com.au
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIT20312 - Certificate II in Hospitality (Kitchen Operations)
- SIT30813 - Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- SIT31113 - Certificate III in Patisserie