Traralgon Holden has several SWL Opportunities available. This is a fantastic opportunity for a student looking to gain exposure to the automotive industry.
Traralgon Holden is fast paced business with state-of-the-art equipment employing a number of local staff.
Undertaking an SWL placement with Traralgon Holden will see you work alongside the service team and gain a vast range of experience that will complement your study in automotive.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Working alongside the service team you will have the opportunity to undertake basic mechanical tasks that may include but not limited to:
- working as part of a team
- learn to manually assess vehicles
- work on a variety of vehicles types
- learn to diagnose and repair vehicles
- tidying and maintenance of workshop equipment
You will have the opportunity to observe and assist (if appropriate) in the general service and repair of vehicles. If the student shows initiative and demonstrates the ability to follow instructions they may be given more responsibilities.
Student should have an interest in the automotive industry, be punctual, good work ethic and show a keen interest to learn by asking questions. Ideally be studying Automotive as a VET subject.
Steel cap boots and trade clothing should be worn.
Special Transport Requirements
Student to arrange own transport
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- AUR20716 - Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies