Yarrawonga Veterinary Clinic
A fantastic opportunity to learn locally in Yarrawonga from local skilled veterinarian nurses and obtain an insight in to the industry and what day to day routine would be like for a veterinarian nurse.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Typical task and duties will include but limited to, greeting clients, weighing of animals on arrival, changing bedding, grooming, shadowing the vet nurse and learning techniques and industry standards. Site visits maybe conducted if needed while the student is on placement, please book ahead.
The student is required to be proactive and show initiative, if they are studying animal studeis they should discuss their placement workbook with Nell at the beginning so all vet nurses are aware of what needs to be completed.
This will be discussed in the interview.
Special Transport Requirements
No public transport available
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- ACM20110 - Certificate II in Animal Studies
- ACM30110 - Certificate III in Animal Studies
- ACM30410 - Certificate III in Companion Animal Services
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies