Food and beverage attendant
If you have an interest in hospitality, the Parklake Hotel in Shepparton may just be the place for you. Students will work in a fast-paced hospitality establishment, dealing with customers in the front of house department.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience attending to customers needs
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Duties may include but are not limited to; setting up the front of house for service, greeting and seating customers, waiting on customers, clearing tables and preparing for any functions that may be booked in.
RSA and food handlers certificate would be encouraged but not mandatory. The student must be well presented, be confident interacting with customers and be a quick learner.
Student is required to wear black pants, black shoes, black shirt and black socks.
Special Transport Requirements
Central Shepparton location, public transport options may be available.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIT20213 - Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT20316 - Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT30616 - Certificate III in Hospitality
- SIT30713 - Certificate III in Hospitality
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies