Assistant Surveyor / Town Planner
an integrated team of passionate Civil Engineers, Landscape Architects, Surveyors, Town Planners, Urban Designers, Visual Media Artists and Water Professionals. We have over 290 people working in Albury, Bendigo, Canberra, Geelong, Melbourne and Shepparton.
By incorporating our services and expertise we deliver whole-of-project solutions, and it’s this unique and collaborative way of working that sets us apart. In fact, our vision of inspiiring people and places can be seen in everything we create.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Typical tasks and duties will vary depending on the department you are working within.
• Surveying - incorporating town planning, you will see an overview how to develop, measure and manage land and collate findings into reports required. You will be exposed to the latest tools including UAV and 3D scanning technology
• Engineering – you will experience both design and construction elements of engineering, as well as electrical engineering.
• Landscape – you will be involved in 3D design and building models such as playgrounds, parks etc. You will learn how to plan keeping in mind environmental and social sustainability needs of the future.
• Business – you will see an overview of the business structure. Potentially you will be involved in meetings with clients and council and be introduced to Spiire’s own intranet.
Student’s are required to show good work ethic and a willingness to learn.
Neat casual clothing. Work boots are available on loan if required to go on site.
Special Transport Requirements
Visit Dyson transport for local transport options.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22470VIC - Certificate II in Engineering Studies
- AHC30916 - Certificate III in Landscape Construction
- BSB20115 - Certificate II in Business
- CUA30715 - Certificate III in Design Fundamentals
- MEM20413 - Certificate II in Engineering Pathways
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies