Trevor Bailey Electrical
If you are interested in wiring up new homes and want to see what happens from the very beginning, Trevor Bailey Electrical will be able to compliment your classroom learning with practical experience.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
A lot of time spent on placement will be viewing how the electrician completes tasks, as a work placement students can not undertake many tasks, saying that what typical tasks and duties they can do, will include but not limited to, load and unload equipment and material, learn how to bend conduit and install it, get materials to assist workers and observation.
Students are required to have their white card as they will be entering building sites frequently. They will be required to work the hours outlined, and be on time as staff travel for jobs and they will be leaving the office with one of them. Students can be studying VETiS, VCAL or I&E.
Work boots, trade work shorts or pants and top.
Special Transport Requirements
Local transport details can be found at dyson transport website.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- UEE22011 - Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start)
- UEE30811 - Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies