Warrnambool Agricultural Society Inc
Do you want to develop your hospitality, event management, agricultural or maintence skills? Have you always loved the show as a kid? Have you ever dreamed of working there? NOW IS YOUR CHANCE!
An amazing opportununity for multiple students has opened up at this years Warrnambool Show!
This is only a short placement but with LOADS of hands on experiences and opportunities for skills development!
Skills You Might Learn
Students will be able to learn and develop skills in hospitality, events managment, animal care, agriculture, administration all under the banner of the Warrnambool Show.
Students will gain hands on experience shared by knowledgeable locals who have worked on the show for years.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will have the opportunity to get their hands dirty at this placement! Tasks and duties include (but are not limited to...):
- Assisting with the front gate and welcoming visitors to the show.
- Assisting the show team in marking out and setting up stands and stalls.
- Filling showbags in preparation for show day.
- Setting up the information booth.
- Helping in the administration area to create awards and winning categories paperwork.
- Dressing up in costume and greeting visitors.
- Help judge animals and novelty events.
- Assist in multiple areas of the show on show day inc: Craft, Animals, Art, Food, Ute shows.
Students will have the opportunity to rotate around different tasks on show day.
Students must have a 'have a go' attitude and not be afraid to get their hands dirty.
Students must follow instructions, and be flexible when it comes to working in the different areas of the show, and be willing to learn new skills.
Neat casual and sturdy closed toed shoes.
Students are more than welcome to wear their school uniforms.
Special Transport Requirements
Students will need to find their own way to/from the show site.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22247VIC - Certificate II in Small Business (Operations/Innovation)
- AHC20110 - Certificate II in Agriculture
- SIT20316 - Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT30616 - Certificate III in Hospitality
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies