O’Connors offers a fantastic opportunity to undergo work placement within their heavy diesel service team. If you have a passion for agriculture and an interest in mechanics, this is the place to gain the skills for your future career.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Typical tasks and duties will include but are not limited to, observe and assist qualified technicians in repairs in the workshop and out in the field, assist with diagnostics and learn the skills required to be a heavy diesel ag machinery technician. Student’s will also learn to work safely in a workshop and follow policy and procedures.
Students will have a passion for the agricultural industry, be committed to the task, good time management and be keen to learn.
Please bring lunch and drink.
Work boots must be worn, trade pants and trade shirt. Overalls can be supplied if the students wish to wear them.
Special Transport Requirements
Check local transport guide for availability.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- AUR20716 - Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies