Barooga Sports Club Limited
SBAT opportunity in KITCHEN OPERATIONS - AT BAROOGA "SPORTIES"
Fantastic opportunity for a student to commence work at Barooga Sports Club whist studying Kitchen Operations to get some hands on experience in a busy, high volume kitchen. Sporties Barooga prepares hundreds of meals on a daily basis, including breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is your opportunity to gain experience with a well-respected employer. Preparing scrumptious bistro meals, something more casual or perhaps a Sunday night carvery, the Sporties bistro menu offers all the favourites, as well as some seasonal specials.
Skills You Might Learn
Potential skills attained may include;
- Use hygienic practices for food safety
- Work effectively with others
- Maintain the quality of perishable items
- Produce dishes with basic methods of cookery
- Kitchen cleaning and care and storage of kitchen equipment and other vocational skills in line with the Cert II in Kitchen Operations as directed by your Supervisor.
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These may include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may also attain vital industry specific skills which will relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Tasks that students may be expected to complete include basic food preparation and plating according to various dietary requirements, using basic cooking skills, cleaning kitchen premises and equipment and using hygienic practices for food safety, and any other tasks as directed by the Supervising Catering Hospitality Manager.
Whilst the student is undertaking the SBAT or trailing via a work placement they are expected to:
• Dress appropriately.
• Be keen and motivated to work in a kitchen environment and be interested in the Hospitality Industry.
• Be capable of working in a busy environment as part of a small team.
• Be physically fit and be capable of working on their feet.
• Maintain interest and participate in work duties.
• Be well mannered and behave in a respectful and responsible manner.
• Be punctual.
• Follow management instructions.
• Act in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements.
• Listen and take advice from fellow workers.
• Participate in business activities as required.
Students MUST wear safety shoes (leather covered in shoes). Students must wear long pants. Pants should be black. No jewellery or piercings to be worn (please remove prior to commencement of shift). Long hair must be tied back. Students are expected to wear the hats and aprons as provided by the employer and follow any other applicable employer instructions.
Special Transport Requirements
Public Transport is limited to Barooga. Students to check bus transport availability and/or speak to parents/carer to organise transport prior to contacting employer.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIT20316 - Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT30616 - Certificate III in Hospitality