Established for more than 50 years, Graham Bodyworks has a reputation for providing high quality repairs with excellent customer service. Using the latest technologies and equipment, we repair and restore vehicles to manufacturers' specifications. With state-of-the-art equipment and panel beating expertise, colour matching and refinishing, we offer a complete automotive body repair service.
This is a fantastic opportunity in a quality workshop in a high demand industry. If you have a passion for motor vehicles and want to learn how to become an exceptional panel beater or spray painter then this is the place for you!
Skills You Might Learn
In alignment with Automotive vocational studies, students will acquire industry specific skills including basic panel beating skills or vehicle painting skills and industry knowledge. This employer uses state of the art equipment, and depending upon how well the student develops they may progress to more sophisticated tasks, including colour matching techniques and industry specific technology.
General skills the student will develop include; safe work practices, communication, team work and an understanding of time management.
Typical Tasks & Duties
This professional, local business will give the student a chance for a hands on placement in a workshop that specialises in collision repairs, restoration work and vehicle spray painting.
The student's tasks will include;
• keeping the workshop clean and tidy
• helping staff with tools and equipment, making sure all equipment is stored correctly
• assisting staff with the removal of damaged panels from vehicles
• other appropriate duties as directed by staff members
Depending on their developing skill level, the student may assist staff with the refitting of replacement panels and the panel beating of damaged panels. If spray painting is their field of interest, they will assist staff with the preparation of panels for painting.
The student will apply safe working practices and observe OH&S procedures in the workplace.
This employer is seeking a dedicated team player and a student with genuine enthusiasm for the motor vehicle industry. Students should display a positive attitude and enthusiasm, be willing to learn, listen to instructions and take direction, be hard working with a good eye for detail and prepared to undertake basic cleaning and tidying duties along with some car washing.
The right candidate should:
• Show an obvious interest in either panel beating or spray painting
• Be motivated and display enthusiasm for the role on offer
• Have good communication skills and be happy to take direction
• Have a good work ethics
• Demonstrate the ability to be an excellent team player and understand the impact of their role within the team
• Be punctual and reliable
• Demonstrate an excellent eye for detail - very important in this industry
A student demonstrating the right skills may progress to further opportunities with this employer and will be suitably recognised for their hard work.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer.
Sturdy work clothes are required, work boots and be prepared to get dirty.
Safety equipment such as goggles, gloves, etc will be supplied by the employer for use on site.
Special Transport Requirements
Venue is close to bus and train access.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- AUR20716 - Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- AUR32116 - Certificate III in Automotive Body Repair Technology
- AUR32416 - Certificate III in Automotive Refinishing Technology