Bridgestone Tyre Centre
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact CGLLEN for specific details of the student work placement- email@example.com or 5352 3266. At Bridgestone Service Centre Stawell you'll find an extensive range of quality tyres, including car tyres and 4x4 tyres, complete tyre services and auto repair services, including tyre fitting and wheel alignment. The student that secures this SWL placement will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in fitting a variety of tyres, wheel alignment, puncture repairs and mechanical services. If you have effective communication skills and you are enthusiastic about customer service with a passion for automotive services, please talk to your careers teacher today about how to apply.
Skills You Might Learn
Skills attained will include the following;
- Importance of teamwork.
- Time management and punctuality.
- Communication skills in the workplace.
- Experience and familiarity with general mechanic and maintenance functions.
- Exposure to mechanic and maintenance activities in a professional environment.
- Broader understanding of what a tyre mechanic role involves on a day-to-day basis.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students may undertake tasks and typical duties only if they are completing a relevant VET qualification and the structured workplace learning will allow them to obtain or further develop the skills and knowledge outlined in a relevant unit of competency within the qualification.
Students may assist or observe trained staff with the following activities:
- Learning to fit tyres
- Taking wheels off vehicles and putting them back on
- Learning to repair tyres
- Tyre sizing
- All basic workshop set up, pack away and cleaning duties as directed from Supervisor.
- Mechanical duties at basic level, assisting the workplace supervisor with fitting, maintaining tyres and identifying faults.
Students are permitted to learn how to use plant or equipment only if they are explicitly required in the performance criteria or assessment requirements of a unit of competency the student is undertaking as part of a VET qualification.
The following requirements must be met;
- The students must have completed the OH&S module in Work Related Skills or the OH&S module in the relevant VET course.
- Personal mobile phones are not required during work hours. Mobile phones or devices are only to be used during meal breaks and out of work hours.
- Students must have a willingness to learn and be able to follow instructions carefully and competently.
- Students must be willing to communicate clearly and work with a team. This includes notifying the supervisor and the careers teacher of any planned or unplanned absence from placement.
- Students must be completing a related subject or have displayed an interest in Automotive professions.
- Students must be physically able to work with hand tools and machines.
- Students must enjoy practical and manual work and be able to bend and lift using safe manual handling techniques.
- Students are to complete any applicable relevant course work and/or Workplace Learning Record entries as outlined in the SWL Arrangement.
Please discuss with the employer at the preplacement interview. Protective, industrial clothing including safety boots will be required. Appropriate PPE must be worn in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety policy and procedures.
Special Transport Requirements
The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) is responsible for the student’s transport to and from the workplace. If it is proposed that the student may need to undertake vehicle travel with their employer and/or supervisor during the arrangement (including transporting the student to and/or from the workplace), the employer must complete the Structured Workplace Learning Travel and Accommodation Form. The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) must give their consent by also completing this form. If transport is presenting a problem, please contact CGLLEN to discuss available options and support that can be provided. Email: SWL@cgllen.org.au Phone: 03 5352 3266.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- AUR20520 - Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology
- AUR20716 - Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- AUR20720 - Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- AUR30616 - Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology (Release 1)
- BSB20120 - Certificate II in Workplace Skills
- VCE0000001 - VCE (including VCE Vocational Major)
- VCE20116 - Industry & Enterprise