Bridgestone Tyre Centre
If you are interested in this exciting Work Experience (WE) opportunity, please contact CGLLEN for specific details of the student work placement- firstname.lastname@example.org or 5352 3266. At Bridgestone Service Centre Stawell you'll find an extensive range of quality tyres, including car tyres and 4x4 tyres, complete tyre services and auto repair services, including tyre fitting and wheel alignment. The student that secures this WE placement will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in fitting a variety of tyres, wheel alignment, puncture repairs and mechanical services. If you have effective communication skills and you are enthusiastic about customer service with a passion for automotive services, please talk to your careers teacher today about how to apply.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on placement. These will include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Effective communication.
- Problem solving.
- Initiative and enterprise.
- Planning and organising.
- Liaising and working with colleagues, bosses, customers/clients, and suppliers.
Students may attain vital industry specific skills which will also relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience.
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals.
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments.
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will assist trained staff in performing duties, students receiving high level supervision. Duties may include but not limited to customer service roles in the various sections of the store.
Students may assist or observe trained staff with the following activities:
- Learning to fit tyres
- Taking wheels off vehicles and putting them back on
- Learning to repair tyres
- Tyre sizing
- All basic workshop set up, pack away and cleaning duties as directed from Supervisor.
- Mechanical duties at basic level, assisting the workplace supervisor with fitting, maintaining tyres and identifying faults.
Students are encouraged to consider a WE placement to develop skills learned from their Work-Related Skills subject. The following requirements must be met;
- Students are required to have completed the Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) modules- general module and any applicable industry OH&S modules.
- Students must maintain a diary or logbook and/or complete work experience assignment and other tasks that have been set by the school.
- Students must adhere to strict Privacy and Confidentiality policy and procedures.
- Students must have a willingness to learn and be able to follow instructions carefully and competently.
- Students must be willing to communicate clearly and work as a productive team member.
- Personal mobile phones are not required and should only be used out of work hours or on offsite meal breaks.
Please discuss with the employer at the preplacement interview. Protective, industrial clothing including safety boots will be required. Appropriate PPE must be worn in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety policy and procedures.
Special Transport Requirements
The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) is responsible for the student’s transport to and from the workplace. If it is proposed that the student may need to undertake vehicle travel with their employer and/or supervisor during the arrangement (including transporting the student to and/or from the workplace), the employer must complete the Work Experience Travel and Accommodation Form. The student or the parent/guardian (where the student is under 18 years of age) must give their consent by also completing this form. If transport is presenting a problem, please contact CGLLEN to discuss available options and support that can be provided. Email: SWL@cgllen.org.au Phone: 03 5352 3266.